Friday, August 6, 2010

Under the Sea




The inspiration for my spread in Laura's AB entitled "The Sea," came from the Yahoo AlteredBooks group's August Challenge: "At the Beach" incorporating texture. I immediately knew that I wanted to do a colorful underwater coral reef. I used many different materials to create a variety of textures: peacock feathers to simulate sea grass, glitter and metallic paints, gold microbeadz for the starfish, assorted nail art embellishments to create the coral formations, flower stamens and irridescent glitter for the pink anemones and finally, a product called "Flower-Soft" to texturize the red coral tree. You can almost feel the texture--especially in the last photo. I just love how this turned out!!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing! Everything is just so lush and beautiful! Love all the texture and layering. I don't know how you do it, but once again, you have topped yourself. Lucky Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! That coral is amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is so beautiful!!!!! How inspiring is this page ! You did a wonderful piece of art in Laura's book. She is just going to love it to pieces!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous. You are really so talented, I am endlessly amazed at what you create. I love Ingrid's circle book too. She's going to swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what interesting textures. The AB owner will truly appreciate your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorena, this page is stunning. I could just look at it for hours. I love the sea and it's so fun to see all the colors and textures and guess how it's made! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!
    This came out amazing! It makes me want to reach out and touch/explore!
    Great job!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered your wonderful blog and these journal pages are stunning. I love the use of natural materials for texture and the colors are so visually exciting. Beautiful work! I look forward to visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your interpretation of the undersea life, Beautiful!!Absolutely inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your seascape is awe inspiring!!! What a wonderfully talented artist you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everybody already said what I wanted to say. The sea scape is amazing! Thanks for talking us through the textures!

    ReplyDelete