Monday, July 15, 2013

More Boiled Books (with the help from my furry friend)



Since I have been enjoying long daily walks with our dog, Jester, I decided to use that time to explore the flora and fauna right here in our neighborhood.  I am noticing plants and flowers I have never seen before.  On one of my recent walks (learning from the first set of boiled books I made), I focused my collecting on textures and patterns instead of colors.  I also picked up pieces of tree bark and decaying leaves in the hopes of creating a darker page color.





Using the same method described in my earlier post ("Nature's Beauty"), I created the boiled books you see here.  I used a slightly larger page to create these accordion books.  I added covers and a paper clasps (one with a buckle) to complete my little books.

No comments:

Post a Comment