Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Avid Diva




This is a spread I did in an AB whose theme is "WordPlay."  My spread was initially inspired by this illustration.  I then envisioned creating her hair made up from "strands" cut from the pages that had been removed from the book itself.  To tie the book's theme in with this image, I decided to have her recite a series of palindromes.  I used a wheel mechanism to allow her to say several different palindromes, including:

Kay, a red nude, peeped under a yak

  A slut nixes sex in Tulsa

  Amore, Roma

 Dammit, I’m mad!

  Desserts, I stressed!

 In words, alas, drown I

  Murder for a jar of red rum

 Oh no! Don Ho!

 Rats at a bar grab at a star

 Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas!

 Senile felines

 Won’t lovers revolt now?


Now you understand why I call this spread "Avid Diva!"

No comments:

Post a Comment