Monday, August 11, 2014

Out of An Orange Colored Sky



Inspiration for this month's chunky pages came quickly this time.  For "Inspired by a Song Title or Line" I chose a line from the Natalie Cole version of "Orange Colored Sky" that provides this great visual:

"...out of that orange colored, purple striped, pretty green polka dot sky..."

I started with glossy white cardstock (4" x 8" which would be folded in half to the 4" x 4" chunky page size) and gently blended alcohol ink for my background "orange" sky.  Next, I took a purple gelli pen and drew random lines for my "purple stripes."  Finally, I used lime green acrylic paint and applied my "polka dots" with a Q-tip and BBQ skewer sticks. 

To feature the line that inspired these pages, I remembered that I had these plastic orange slide frames!  I printed out the line from the song and centered them inside the frames.  I then made four slits to hold the frame and complete my pages.

So fun and so simple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment