Thursday, January 22, 2015

Boiled Books









I spent Martin Luther King Day making more boiled books with friends.  Look at the gorgeous patterns, textures and colors Mother Nature gifted me with!

I used to prefer working with the smaller sized books made from a 9 x 12 sheet of 140 lb watercolor paper (accordion fold).  This time, I took a 22 x 30 sheet of 140 lb watercolor paper and folded it down to 5 1/2 x 7 1/2.  This larger size page allowed me to use larger leaves that I would not have been able to experiment with in the smaller books.  I am really loving this larger size page!

I finished my covers with these beautiful handmade papers my sister-in-law brought back for me from her recent trip to Thailand.  The texture and colors of these papers complimented the organic feel of my boiled books just perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment