Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Something Blue...and Yellow











I attended my high school classmates' annual holiday gathering last weekend.  We always have a theme for our grab bag gift exchange.  This year's theme was Blue and/or Yellow.  Since I have been on an alcohol ink binge lately, I decided to create a sea creature series in Blue and Yellow and frame them as a set.

I can't begin to tell you how complicated the grab bag gift exchange is, but this version allows people to steal gifts that have been opened from previous recipients.  I was flattered that once my framed was opened, many people were hoping to end up with it.  Happily, our hostess for the evening is delighted to be the proud owner of my frame and I couldn't be more pleased that she already has a place in her home to display it.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I am amazed there was not an all out battle for it. Alcohol inks are fun. In Wanderlust 2017 a French artist Avoline had a class using them. I bought the Yupo and more inks and plan to do more in the future with the inks.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica!I want to see you you create with alcohol inks on Yupo!!

    ReplyDelete