Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Life is a Circle




 The pages for this gold and white color journal were weeks in the making.  I was inspired by Jane LaFazio's Recycled Circles.  These circles are made with several different gold and white tissue papers I had in my stash.  
I started by creating a background on watercolor paper.  I used a variety of gold acrylic paints applied through a few of my favorite stencils.  I then cut the decorated sheet into 4" x 4" squares.
Next, I selected 8 different patterned tissues and cut them into 8" circles.  This way, the finished product would fit onto an 8" x 8" page (folded in the center).  I used binder clips to hold the stack of tissue papers together while I quartered the circles.
From there, I cut each quarter circle into half c-shapes in concentric circles.  I laid out the half c-shapes in decreasing size to decorate each of the 4" x 4" squares.  When I was happy with the design, I used a glue stick to hold the tissue papers in place.  
For added texture, I sewed some of the circle outlines by machine with gold thread.  I trimmed the excess tissue and thread for clean edges.
I mounted all four squares onto an 8" x 8" sheet of watercolor paper folded down the center and then added the "Life is a circle" quote around outer-most circle.





No comments:

Post a Comment