Saturday, September 29, 2018

Respect




With the recent passing of the Queen of Soul, I decided to create my monthly Mindfulness Card by honoring Aretha Franklin.

I found a high contrast image of Aretha which I ran off on transparency.  I also wanted to use the "Respect" sheet music in my card.  I wasn't quite sure how these elements would all come together to create a 4 x 6 card, but over time--and after considering a few different ideas--I began to feel a 1960's vibe emerging.  After all, this image of Aretha is probably from the 1960's.  

The circle-patterned scrapbook paper really completed the look I was going for.  So instead of trying to incorporate the sheet music onto the front of my card, I used it to complete the back of the card. I found coordinating washi tape to bind all three layers--Aretha, scrapbook paper background and sheet music--together to create my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment