Thursday, October 15, 2020

Worlds Change When Eyes Meet

 


For my October Artfirmation card, I returned to this layout I learned in my Art Journaling class to showcase this quote:  Worlds Change When Eyes Meet.  This quote also gave me the opportunity to use this "eye" stamp.

I used an old map from my background page.  However, the map wasn't quite old enough, so I "aged" it a bit more with some Distress Ink (Tea Dye).  To create some balance to the page, I added the chain of circles accent on the left border.  I stamped the "eye" on a piece of manila cardstock and hand-colored it with some new markers which really enhanced the imagery.  I was really happy with the way this turned out and hope to experiment more with with hand-coloring stamped images.  I also aged the edges of the manila cardstock with more Distress Ink (Tea Dye) to better match the look of the map.

To complete my page, I framed the quote in a decorative bookplate die-cut that I made from black cardstock and secured it with two minibrads. 




No comments:

Post a Comment