Saturday, January 16, 2021

Distress Ink Wildflowers








 I ordered a number of mini distress ink pads and was curious to see what the colors looked like on cream cardstock.  I made several sheets applying a random swath of colors like Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Pickled Raspberry, Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive and Spiced Marmalade.  You can see how the cream colored cardstock mutes the colors.

I was also playing with three different sets of Wild Flower Thinlit Dies.  I cut out as many as I could from the colored cardstock and then reassembled them into 6 different bunches to use for my January Artfirmations cards.  

My backgrounds were created on watercolor paper cut down to 4 x 6.  I used a credit card to apply a neutral palette of acrylic paint in shades of Cream, Fleshtone and Titanium White.

I needed something to anchor the wildflowers but struggled to find a color to complement them.  In the end, instead of throwing out my scraps, I re-purposed them to create a more interesting "landscape" for my wildflowers and then added a banner that expresses my hope for the New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment