Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fresh Picked Fruit

It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do for this Inspiration Card. I chose the prompt "fresh picked fruit." Initially, I had visions of Carmen Miranda, but eventually I began to think about Eve picking the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. I found an Art Nouveau styled figure with her palm outstretched. I placed her under a sprawling tree, decorated the flowers in her hair and gave her a succulent apple to hold. I took a flat glass marble, glued it onto a piece of cardstock painted with red glitter nail polish to make a 3-D apple. I used a decorative corner punch to break up the heaviness of the black on the right side of the card and completed the image by stamping the word "forbidden."

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! She's going to love it. But my question is... HOW did you get that picture of ME? LOL...Thump! (Me falling off my chair!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is another homerun, Lorena! You amaze me each and every time with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete