Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Inspired by Nick Bantock


I finally got my entries for the Nick Bantock Tribute completed. I had been collecting images to incorporate into my collage, but didn't sit down to assemble everything until the day before the deadline! The first piece is a 8" x 8" square format. I used Antique White and Burnt Umber acrylic paint for the background. I added part of a map, an image of the bird and two female figures, postage stamp, a touch of Antique Gold paint, the letter "T" and the number "8." I call it "Navigating the Feminine Mystique."

The second piece is on a 9" x 12" format. Yellow Jaune and Terra Cotta acrylic paint acrylic created a nice, warm background. Again, you see the common elements: a piece of a map, images of animals (a horse and a gryphon), a postage stamp, a touch of gold, the letter "A" and the number "5." I used bubble wrap to create additional texture with Skintone acrylic paint. When the piece was finished, the word that kept coming to mind was "Footprints." The distinct hoof print of the horse, the carbon footprint each of us leaves behind and the faintness of some of the stamped seals reminded me of the way our mark fades with the passage of time.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done Lorena-wondered where you had been lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are fantastic. I can't wait to see them in person, I bet they look even better. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lorena, you did a great job! I love BOTH of them!

    ReplyDelete