Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tryptich for a Friend


I wanted to find a way to share a quote with a special friend of mine. I had a beaded wire embellishment that I wanted to use--somehow. I decided to try my hand at making a tryptich which would allow me to use the beaded embellishment as a closure.
I cut the tryptich template out of white cardstock. I then colored the front and back using a pale pink ink pad. Next, I used white ink to stamp the pink background with handwritten script. I printed the quote onto vellum, tore it out and adhered it to the inside of the tryptich. I added a pink dragonfly charm above the quote. To close the typtich, I created to slits through which the beaded embellishment could be threaded. I tied a lavender polka dot ribbon around the tryptich to complete my gift.

2 comments: