Sunday, December 25, 2011

Trying My Hand at Poetry Spools


I decided to try my hand at making these delightful poetry spools inspired by Kelli Nina Perkins for a Christmas grab bag exchange.  The tutorial can be found here:  http://ephemeralalchemy.blogspot.com/2010/02/thread-spool-poetry.html
What a fabulous way to use up all of my scraps of ribbon and trim!  Rather than creating random poetry however, I selected some favorite quotes for my thread spools.  Here are some of the quotes I used:
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined~Henry David Thoreau

Only those who see the invisible can do the impossible~Unknown

Minds must soar before people do~Unknown

Inspiration: Revelation a divine influence arouses feelings awakening creative vision

Say what you want about aging, it's still the only way to have old friends~Robert Brault

It takes a long time to grow an old friend~John Leonard

Sweet friendship refreshes the soul

True strength is delicate~Louise Nevelson

No comments:

Post a Comment