Friday, February 15, 2013

Industrial Revolution


What a fun little book Hope has in our Altered Ladies AB RR!  Her theme is Industrial Revolution--metal, machinery, steampunk...I had a couple of ideas about the materials that I wanted to use in my spread.  To my surprise, I started playing with my stash of Mrs. Grossman's "Scrap Metal" sticker line. I cut up old cereal boxes and adhered sheets of the metal finish stickers to them.  Then I took out my Tim Holtz "Gears" die along with my Big Shot and started mass producing gears in all sizes and antique patinas!  I affixed the gears with glue and foam tape to create many different layers.  Finally, I embellished my spread with real metal gear parts and look what happened!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you know how to get it done! I love the rusty look of all these different gears. Mass production indeed!

    ReplyDelete