Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The "Ooh-La-La Mailbag"




Darrell's "Ooh-La-La Mailbag" book asked us to go postal!  Stamps, postcards, letters, catalogs...anything goes!  I chose to put all that junk mail to use in my spread.  What fun!!  I had seen paper beads made from rolled magazine pages.  I adapted that concept to create the background seen here by tightly rolling strips of magazine pages about 2 inches wide by 10 inches long.  You never know exactly what your finished tube will look like, but I tried to use pages that were full of color.

Next, I glued those tightly rolled tubes right onto the page to create my background.  I finished my spread by spelling out "What's in your mailbag?" in die cut letters.  I needed to find a way to make the letters stand out against the busy background.  Instead of using catalog pages again, I cut the letters out of white cardstock and painted them red for maximum visibility.  

No comments:

Post a Comment