Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinocchio: The Puppet Who Became A Boy



I had an interesting challenge working in Teri's "Fairy Tales" book this month.  Her book opens up in a vertical orientation.  Some of the spreads that preceded mine took advantage of the height of the book (e.g., Rapunzel, Jack in the Beanstalk).  What fairy tale could I pick that would allow me to do the same?

I just couldn't think of a fairy tale that inspired me, so I moved into Children's Stories, then Disney movies and that was when it came to me.  I could do Pinocchio!  I thought a pull-tab would be the perfect mechanism for his nose.  And, to give this spread some height, I depicted him in his puppet stage so he could be suspended by the strings of a marionette.


3 comments:

  1. Lorena==he is just perfect! and I love the pull tab for his nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious! A lucky person will receive this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely ADORE these pages, Lorena!! Thank you so much for all the love and thought you put into them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete