Sunday, September 20, 2020

60th "Diamond White" Anniversary

 







The coronavirus pandemic has changed the way we have had to do things--including celebrating my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.

Since we are on an extended lockdown, we couldn't have a gathering of any kind.  What do you gift to two people who have been married this long?  They don't need or want anything.  So, I decided to make them a card to commemorate the occasion.  I had this gorgeous pearlized tri-fold card which was perfect for a "diamond white" anniversary card base.  I cut out two hearts from the same pearlized cardstock and embossed them with musical notes.  I embellished the pocket with acrylic "diamonds" and added a greeting that reads "Two heart making beautiful music together for sixty years!"  

I was able to order a small cake decorated with simple, elegant white roses.  To that, we added 60 white roses--one for every year of marriage.  My parents loved the card, the cake and the roses (which needed two vases)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment