Sunday, September 6, 2020

Retirement card for a friend


 I am slowing working my way through the different mixed media techniques and ideas I gained from taking an on-line art journaling course last month.  I loved this lay-out and personalize the message to serve as a retirement card for a friend of mine.

The recipient of this card draws great strength from her faith.  She is also a very talented singer.  I thought I would use a page torn from hymnal for my background.  I added a layer of texture by stenciling just a hint of a cathedral archway and designs that look like ancient stonework onto the church hymnal page.  I kept to a neutral palette applying distress ink (Vintage Photo) through the stencils.

The decorative die-cut on the left side is actually from a strip die that I cut into thirds to form a single chain of circles.  For the finishing embellishment, I selected this quote from St. Augustine "To sing is to pray twice" which was the perfect sentiment for this card.  The quote is framed in a brass-toned label holder secured to the card by mini brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment