Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Wish


The road to these December "Wish" Artfirmation cards was unexpected.  I had picked up this cute little gift book from my favorite thrift store called "This Little Piggy Went to Prada."  The pages have a nice weight and feel.  The book rewrites nursery rhymes with a fashionista twist.  The illustrations are drop-dead gorgeous. I just had to find a creative way to use them!

With the holidays now upon us, I pulled out my Christmas-themed dies and started making die cuts.  I had these luscious metallic tri-fold cards that were perfect.  I made lots and lots of different Christmas trees, reindeer, snowflakes and holiday words.  Before I knew it, I started to remove pages from the book and began to reimagine the illustrations in a winter/holiday setting.  I made several more cards by embellishing the pretty pages with die cuts and swarovski crystals.  I think they make festive Christmas cards! 





No comments:

Post a Comment