Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Michelle's Victorian Art & Poetry book



I got a chance to do a "Victorian" spread in Michelle's book this week. I must admit I don't know all that much about this time period so it did take me a bit out of my comfort zone. I was, however, familiar with Elizabeth Barrett Browning and her "How Do I Love Thee?" poem. Hmmm...how to fashion a spread with these elements?

Michelle provided a goodie bag of assorted ephemera along with her book. In it, I found a floral print napkin which I thought would be a fitting background for my spread. Next, I found a crocheted linen doily in my thrift shop stash which really started to pull everything together. I printed the poem onto vellum and used double-stick tape to adhere it to the middle of the doily. On the right side of the page, I placed a portrait of Elizabeth. To finish it off, I added a few flower and butterfly die-cuts.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pages Lorena--the doily looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Michelle and I wanted you to know the pages are lovely and I will truly treasure them!I punched in Victorian altered art in a Google search and believe it or not it pulled up your page as one of the first images!

    ReplyDelete