Sunday, May 9, 2010

Two More Spreads from My Third Round Robin

A year's worth of altered bookmaking! My third AB RR is officially concluded!



Here are two pages I did in Gail's "hidden Treasures" book. She chose a book written in Japanese and it reads from back to front. I did one spread with a bunch of koi swimming in a pond (crinkled cellophane with a heat gun to make water). For the second spread, I took two geisha images and printed them onto tissue paper. I then glued them to the pages and let the Japanese kanji show through. It was so simple but I like the way it came out.


In this round robin, we chose a prompt from the preceding artist's spread. Gail's spread contained a tag with a woman singing "The melody haunts my reverie..." This phrase is from the song "Stardust." Since Darrell's book was entitled "The Elements of Color," I searched the lyrics of the song for a color. Lo and behold, the very first line of the song reads "And now the purple dusk of twilight time..."

So, I created a collage background tearing magazine and catalog clippings in various shades of purple. I printed the lyrics of the song onto irridescent lavender tissue paper. I arranged each line of the song onto a purple three-page fold-out.

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could look at all the pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... what a collection!! I need to get busy! Fran from the sketchbook group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. How wonderful to have a picture of your beautiful journals all together.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are unreal. You have such a creative side! I'm jealous. I love the Japanese layout. You said this site was easy to set up...doesn't look it.

    ReplyDelete