Sunday, March 28, 2010

String Art Makes a Comeback!



The theme of Fran's book was "The New World." I had just seen the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife." It's a love story about a girl who grows up and falls in love with a man that travels back and forth through time. I had visions of the "Twilight Zone" and "A Wrinkle in Time" and eventually decided to use string art to create a time dimension. On the left side, the woman is in the present. On the right, the man is caught between several different time periods. One thing I learned about doing the spread on the right side--start working from the innermost point out, instead of from the outermost point in!

3 comments:

  1. What a great concept and the technique is perfect for it. You really feel that sense of universes apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks like a lot of hard work and you did a wonderful job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting story too, I enjoyed my visit, the cupckes are oh sooooo sweet!!
    come and visit me:
    http://bloubell-alteredexpressions.blogspot.com/

    Betty

    ReplyDelete