Friday, April 2, 2010

Art Dolls



The top photo is a picture of my first art doll. She came in a pre-made kit which is how I learned to make them. She is small--only about 4" tall--and simple. I substituted a beautiful purple glass bead with gold flecks for her head.

I made the teal and purple "Create" doll for an art swap that was set up like a chain letter. Remember those? I had the luxury of knowing the person that my doll would go to, so I made it especially with her in mind :-)

The black/white/purple "Love" doll was given to a dear friend of ours who continues her courageous battle against leukemia. It's hard to see in this picture, but I strung affirmation tags in her hair ("faith," "hope" and "love"). This doll sends her our love when we can't be there with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment