Sunday, April 25, 2010

Marie Antoinette Folder Swap




I spent the weekend preparing my folder for our Marie Antoinette swap. My theme for this swap is "Dans Le Boudoir" which translates into "In the Bedroom..." I started by spray painting my entire folder silver. I had these fabulous buttons made with fuschia rhinestones which I wanted to use as my folder enclosures. Inside (on the left flap) I used pink glitter paper and a lace doily to create a pocket. Sox gave me a wonderful picture of a chandelier which I printed on a transparency and secured with eyelets to the inside of my folder.

As I began to gather my materials, I was drawn to pink, black and silver. Suddenly, it dawned on me that my theme was taking on a decidedly "dirty glam" edge. Marie Antoinette, boudoir, dirty glam, hmmm...guess it was no surprise that I chose to make a corset for my spread. It's hard to see in this picture, but I placed eyelets and threaded a thin leather cord to lace up the corset. I finished off the corset by decorating it with little pink rhinestones. Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. quite elegant really. interesting juxtaposition with the Red Queenʻs "Off with her head" followed by Marie Antoinette, forever vilified in history due to a bad sound bite. but seriously, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh....I love it! Hey, we were supposed to get together last weekend....
    On big Island until Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete